3.31.2014

The Liebster Award!

The ladies over at the Rosevine Cottage Girls blog are sweet and encouraging, and have nominated me for a Liebster Award. Thanks, dear ones!



The best part of the Liebster Award is nominating others. Here are some of my favorite blogs to read. You should check them out!

If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award and you choose to accept it, here are the rules, write a blog post about the award in which you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog (by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, (which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.)
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 11(ish) blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have (rules vary; some say fewer than 200; some say fewer than 3,000) (take your pick) followers.
6. Create a new list of questions for the your nominees to answer.

Here are 11 Random Facts About Me:
#01 My middle name is June, after my dad's mom.
#02 I'm pretty sure I could eat salsa & tortilla chips every day and never tire of it.
#03 The sound that is made when people rub their hands together drives me nuts
#04 My hometown is home to the 'most climbed mountain in the world.' (Google it!)
#05 My great-grandmother, grandmother, mother, and I all attended the same high school, classes of '37, '60, '79, & '00. [Go Orioles!]
#06 I enjoy listening to classic country-western music - think Hank Williams, Patsy Cline, Johnny Horton, etc.
#07 The first CD I ever owned was New Kids on the Block 'Merry, Merry Christmas'. And I still have it.
#08 Two topics I love reading about just for fun: number theory and political theory.
#09 I didn't get my driver's license until I was 21 (barely a year before Will & I married), and I failed my first road test because I ran a red light at an intersection.
#10 My 'life verse' is 1 Corinthians 2:2 - For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. 
#11 Where homemaking is concerned: I am terrible at baking, ironing, and taming clutter, but excel at sewing, making crazy blanket forts, and creating tasty casseroles.

Here are my answers to the 11 questions asked by the Rosevine Cottage Girls:
Why do you write? My husband encouraged me to write after we lost our third baby (August 2009), and the Lord blessed others through those early posts and He moved me to keep writing. I write so that His glory might be made known through what He is doing in our lives!
What and Who inspires you? Will inspires me to be closer to and more like Jesus; my daughters inspire me to simply take God at His word and just trust Him.
Who do you admire the most? My husband for his visionary way of thinking and my dad for his integrity and wisdom.
Where have you always wanted to go? I don't know about always, but in the last few years I increasingly want to visit the Middle East to live in and learn more about the culture there.
What gets you through the really tough times? Psalms. Oh, the richness of David's cries! I can pour out my heart - anger. frustration. anxiety. doubt. defeat. discouragement. ...and He understands each one, and draws me back to remind me that "He has dealt bountifully with me!" {Psalm 13!}. The Lord also uses faithful friends who, for reasons beyond my comprehension, love me enough to speak truth into my life - whether that is encouraging, you-can-make-it truths, or hard, here's-your-problem truths.
What is the most important lesson you have learned? God is holy, and I am a sinner. And solely because of His grace and for His glory, Jesus paid the penalty for my sin.
If you could give advice to yourself as a child what would it be? Strive for excellence, but please let go of trying to attain perfection. It's obnoxious.
Where is your favorite place to be? The Penobscot Bay region of Maine (where my Dad grew up.)
What are some defining moments in your life that God has brought you through? Oh. Two that have been most crucial would be the loss of our little one and a particularly long and painful patch in our marriage. Both have driven me to one central issue: either God IS worthy of praise and worship always, or He is absolutely not even worth a second thought. Am I going to cling to His truth and rejoice in spite of life coming unhinged, or am I going to utterly reject His goodness, mercy, and love because life is not going my way? The grief and heartache in both cases has cause me to fall more in love with Jesus.
What is your passion? God's glory made known. My heart specifically is overwhelmed for teenage ladies and for exasperated moms to just know how majestic and mighty God is, and who He is.
If you could go back in history and meet one person who would it be? I would want to meet Amy Carmichael!

My Questions for my nominees:
1) Coffee, Tea, or Cocoa?
2) Would you rather go to a baseball game or Broadway show?
3) What is one area of your life you've really grown in over the past few years?
4) If you could do anything for the Lord and knew you could not fail - what would you do?
5) When you are having a tough day, what helps lift your mood?
6) Have you ever wanted to be on a TV show (game show, reality show, etc)? Which one(s)?
7) Never-ending polar-vortex winter or never-ending hot and humid summer?
8) What is your favorite song?
9) What is the strangest/grossest/most exotic food you've ever tried?
10) Do you have a favorite era in history that you prefer to learn about?
11) Which person from the Bible do you tend to identify with most?

For His glory,
~Lisha

I'd be thrilled if you joined me over on Facebook & Pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment