12.22.2013

Footprints in the snow


“Hannah! Follow me!” Abby pleaded. “Just follow in my footsteps, right there! It makes it easier…”

As Abby plodded her way through the eighteen(ish) inches of snow in our yard last weekend, she realized that Hannah was struggling to keep up with her older (and taller) sisters – she was in the ‘deep, deep snow’ and couldn’t even lift her legs up far enough to move. So Abby backtracked and tried to make footprints close enough together so Hannah might be able to follow.

It was still a little bit of a struggle, but Hannah did it!

I teared up a little as I watched, because I realized that Abby was giving me a glimpse of the Father:

“Lisha! Follow Me! Just follow in My footsteps – right there! It makes it easier…” In the snowdrifts of life – where I just can’t seem to move forward because there is too much in my way – He comes and whispers “my daughter, I’ve already walked this path before You. Just follow Me, and you can move.” Will it be a piece of cake to move? Maybe. Maybe not. But when I choose to follow His precepts, commandments, and wisdom, He will surely enable me to take those forward steps, no matter how infantile they might seem.

This Christmas, no matter what snowdrifts you find yourself standing in – look for the Father’s footsteps, and follow Him in the path He’s already prepared for you!

Looking for His footsteps,
for His glory!
~Lisha

Verses about walking in the Lord's ways:

I may be sharing this post at these encouraging Link-up parties!
If this post has blessed, encouraged, or inspired you, please comment, pin it, or share with your friends!

9 comments:

  1. This is a great analogy! I appreciate that you emphasized that it may not always be easy, but that God will enable us to take forward steps.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shannon :) I'm learning that even teeny-tiny steps forward are indeed forward steps, and He encourages every attempt to follow Him!

      I hope you had a Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing this beautiful post at Anything Goes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for hosting the link-up, Angela! :D What a blessing!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful picture! All to often I forget that I'm called to follow. How much easier life would be if I didn't try to do things my own way. Thanks for sharing via Family Fun Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - if we would but listen to the Father - He knows what He's doing! Thank you for the encouragement, Stephanie! :)

      Delete
  4. A delightful portrait, very pretty ! I love it !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Leovi - I am glad you've stopped by :)

      Blessings,
      ~Lisha

      Delete
  5. So inspiring! Thanks for linking to Family Fun Friday!

    Monica
    http://www.happyandblessedhome.com

    ReplyDelete