9.27.2012

For the speechless.

Dear one,

Tonight, abortion is heavy on my soul. Actually, this message has been on my heart for months; I have been ignoring it. It's a personal issue, my mind says to me, and everyone probably knows where I stand, so why bring it up when it's already a hotly-debated topic?!

And then my Lord says to me:

Open your mouth for the speechless,
in the cause of all who are appointed to die!!
[Proverbs 31:8]

Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.
[James 4:17]

www.180movie.com


First, a word to those who count themselves as "pro-life":
You will do more damage to the message of Christ when you try to argue people into His kingdom with facts and statistics and judgmental speeches about abortion. It is not your job to change a mind or a heart or to judge a circumstance; it IS your job to show grace and compassion while pointing people to examine Jesus and His Law. So please, think before you share a judgmental or rude or sarcastic comment. When you see people lauding abortion or a woman's right to her own body - try patiently waiting until s/he is done speaking and then making sure your response is full of grace and gentle truth. And remember that you don't need to comment on every post about abortion that you come across. Sometimes, silence speaks infinitely more than stating your opinion. Pray for discernment about when to contribute. If you don't believe this method will work, search through the book of Proverbs about how to speak with people.

And before you start ferociously championing the end of abortion - consider that about 3,700 babies are aborted in America every day. Are you, who claim to follow the King of Glory, willing to open your heart and your home and your life to adopt some of the babies who would be orphaned by not being aborted? What do you think would happen to all of those babies if abortion ended today (hint: they'd become part of an already overwhelmed and understaffed foster care system, raised by the government!)? If you aren't willing to take them in - if you hesitate - please go back and read what God has to say about how He directs His people to care for the orphans. We will not win a nation for Christ by legislating it - start praying for a spiritual awakening and starting loving people where they are at. Once the Spirit sweeps through, we won't need a written law because the people of America will have the Law of God written on their hearts. What a day that would be!

And also on my heart: are you pro-life, or just anti-abortion? Because there is a big difference! Do you honestly value each and every life on the planet simply because everyone is made in the image of the Almighty?! Everyone!! Or do you flippantly joke about how some groups of people shouldn't be allowed to have kids, or that our society would be "better off" without certain groups of people? Do you strive against some "undesirable" groups because of what they choose to participate in? If you do that, you need to go back to the Word and repent of your pride and your ignorance! God uses the weak, the base, the nobodies to bring to shame those who are powerful, strong, and smart. Believer, let your heart beat in sync with the Lord's on this, that every single life, whether newly conceived in the womb or in the late stages of terminal disease; whether mentally impaired or physically incapable; whether normal and average, is precious and purposed by the Lord of Hosts and each can be redeemed from their sins by the power of Christ's atonement - just as you once were!!!

And for those who are committed to the cause of a woman's right to choose abortion:
It is not my job to convince you that I'm right, or you're wrong! It is not my job to make you stop what you are doing or make you feel guilty! No, I have no power to change your heart or your mind, and I am not going to try!

But I will share these few verses, and please know that I am praying for you. You, who are made in the image of God; you, who were formed for a purpose long before the world even began. You, whom the Creator does not desire should perish because of your sins, but have everlasting life in Christ!

Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you...
[Jeremiah 1:5]

For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother's womb.
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made...
[Psalm 139:13]

Here are two outstanding resources for everybody who is reading this blog post right now. Educate yourself and continue to seek out what God says about the precious gift of life that He has given each of us.

180 Movie
Baby Choice

Opening my mouth for the speechless,
for His glory,
~Lisha

PS If you want to talk, if you need a compassionate and non-judgmental ear, if you want me to pray with you or help you search the Scriptures, or if you need to know more about Jesus, please let me know!! Please!! My heart is SO burdened tonight - for the babies who have been silenced and for the women who are in agony over such a heavy load of guilt or shame that they do not have to continue to carry, and for those who blindly follow a culture of death without realizing it.

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest! Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. -Jesus
[Matthew 11:28-29]

No comments:

Post a Comment